Electrician for Outdoor Lighting
Talk to our outdoor lighting electrician if you need outdoor security lights installed. Security lights offer many ways to illuminate and protect your home and surrounding property.
From post and landscape lighting to stake lighting, stair lighting, and security floodlighting, there are many unique lighting products you can install to help you push back the night.
Outdoor security lights will also create a warm, friendly, and inviting environment for family, friends, and visitors. Ask us about light sensors and security camera wiring installations as well.
Overview of Outdoor Security Lights
Below are just a few benefits our outdoor lighting electrician can help you with:
- Show off the beauty of your outdoor surroundings, structures, trees, and paths.
- Save money if motion-sensing lights and LED lights are installed.
- Shed light on obstructions at night creating a safe external environment.
- Add value to your property through the improved appearance and appeal of your home.
- Increase the usable outdoor space encompassing your home.
- Create a deterrent for would-be criminals.
- Create a decorative feature that adds warmth and colour, especially for holidays and special family events.
See also, this BC Hydro PDF on installing Outdoor Lighting for Safety and Security.
Outdoor Lighting Electrician Can Install Motion Activated Sensors
Activated through motion, sensor outdoor lighting will only turn on in the presence of movement around your home or property. They're great for businesses also.
- Motion Sensor Outdoor Security Lights - Because they only come on when activated, motion sensor lighting poses a moment of uncertainty for potential thieves. They may think that someone is in the house and has just turned on the lights. This is sometimes enough to deter them from further intrusion. Motion sensor outdoor lighting is also of great benefit to family members who arrive home after dark, shedding light on the sidewalk, path, or entrance to the home, without having to unlock and open the door first to turn on the lights.
- Post Lighting – These can also benefit family members in the same way by lighting up a driveway or sidewalk, enabling them to safely park and enter the house without fear of tripping over something in the dark.
- Motion Sensor Activated Floodlighting - Our outdoor lighting electrician can install motion sensor floodlighting, which is an economical way to bring light to a yard without breaking the budget. Because they only come on when activated, sensor outdoor floodlighting provides a very feasible way to illuminate larger areas of your property while keeping overall lighting costs to a minimum.
- Deck Lighting – Install deck lighting to help prevent trips, falls, and injuries. Deck lighting also works beautifully to accent the features and prominence of your outside living space.
- Step Lighting - Help keep your visitors and family safe, by helping them to navigate stairs that would otherwise be in the dark. They can also act as accent pieces to the deck itself and their presence completes the overall ambiance of the yard.
- Cove Lighting - Often comprised of strips with LED bulbs, our outdoor lighting electrician can install cove lighting around swimming pools, architectural features, fountains, and as an accent around outdoor living areas.
No matter what type of outdoor security lights you may need for your property, this is a great way to protect and enhance the value of your home while providing those around you with safe, comfortable access to your yard and surrounding area.
We install security lighting on many of our new residential and commercial projects.
Contact our Abbotsford Electricians
Owners Mike Speakman and Tristan McAllan can help if you need an outdoor lighting electrician for outdoor security lights or landscape lighting for your home or business.
Serving Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, and other communities throughout the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland (including Poco & Coquitlam), Premium Electric also offers 24-hour emergency electrical services and electrical safety inspections.
When you need an outdoor lighting electrician, please: